31 May 2021 by Gagan Modi
Here are 5 Cars with Shocking Low Sales as against what looked promising when launched
Here are 5 Cars which no one anticipated to perform so poor in Sales Numbers
Can they be discontinued ?
1. Ford Figo: A Car known for Impeccable Handling, Punchy 1.5 Diesel Engine with Chilling AC looks like a laggard in sales numbers.
Ford India Iconic Car Figo is struggling with Low Sales. Its disappointing for Enthusiasts as Suspension, Performance, Handling of Figo is still considered one among best in Indian Market.
Can you believe in last 6 Month Sales Number from November 2020 to April 2021 all inclusive is not even 1000 Units. Infact so low that last 5 Months from December 20 to April 21 resulted in sales of less than 500 Cars
Where as its arch rival Maruti Swift sold in more than 1 Lakh Cars in last 6 Months. Figo looks like just out of game.
2. Mahindra Marazzo: What a Brilliant MPV Marazzo is in terms of Space, Drive, Performance. However - the car never tasted in success ever since it was delayed to be introduced in BS6 Avatar. Barely selling 200 Units on an average
Marazzo Sales from November to April
is less than 1 Week Sales of Ertiga. While Maruti sold in over 55,000 units of Ertiga in last 6 Months - it took a lot to just sell in 1200 Units of Marazzo by Mahindra during same Period
Lack of Automatic Transmission and Petrol Fuel is considered a major reason for failure of this product.
3. Renault Duster / Nissan Kicks: Both these SUV - Duster and Kicks despite of segment most Powerful Engine at 154 PS with impeccable handling character are just out of Race.
This is no where close to what Hyundai Creta where more than 70,000 Cars sold or Kia Seltos having sold more than 50,000 Cars during same period.
4. Volkswagen Vento: Ask any Car Enthusiast and he will vouch for Punchy Turbo Petrol Engine, Impeccable Steering dynamics, Suspension, Build - but ground reality is that VW Vento selling with average sales of just 200 Units a Month
While Toyota considering to discontinue Yaris having close to 500 Units a month Sale as Poor Sales - think of how bad is the situation for Volkswagen Vento
Yes Sedan Car Sales is low, but Vento 6 Month Combined Sales from November'20 to April'21 is less than 2 Week Sale of Honda City for April Month. Yes where as Honda city sold in with over 3100 Cars sold in April'21 - things turning to be very poor for VW Vento.
5. Ford Aspire: Not only Ford Figo, but Aspire too is facing the heat in terms of Sales. Been in Compact Sedan Segment which is a fast moving Segment. Aspire 6 Month Sales from November'20 to April'21 is just over 1500 Cars.
Situation is bad for Ford Aspire