The user reviews are good and Renault is making its market stronger in India by already launching Pulse (Petrol, Diesel), Koleos and Fluence. With Duster expected in coming months n expanding network in NCR and expanding its reach in other metros - we can see Renault emerging as strong contender and aiming to gain market share.
In terms of offers on Pulse Diesel - Diesel cars all across are virtually running on waiting or on no offers.
Commenting on which is good - is rather to user discretion. The power, engine, torque, dimensions (except length) and mileage are almost the same.
If you compare top models of both - Micra XV Premium against Renault RXZ -
- Micra does not have height adjustable driver seat, which is there in Pulse
- Pulse is slightly bigger in terms of length as against Micra
- Passenger Airbags is optional feature in Pulse.
- Bumper n tail looks - slightly different among both cars
- Price - Not Much Difference - If you take Pulse with Airbags - the difference remains miniscule of 4-5K
However - Nissan now has better dealer network as against Renault in present scenario. Just for practical eg - Nissan has 7 dealerships in Delhi and NCR as against 4 of Renault. Renault is jacking up investments in Indian market - with the upcoming launch of Renault Duster and is also keen on expanding its network. Same for Nissan too - they are almost ready to launch there 1st MPV in Indian car market against Ertiga - Nissan Evalia and also keen to jack up there dealer network.
You may not feel much difference in test drive due to engine, suspension and torque component remaining almost same. See the looks and features above and go what your heart says. Both are Fantastic Cars.