I hope this email finds you well. Love your content on YouTube.
My name is SK and I am currently in the process of selecting a new car.
I live in NCR and currently drive MS Swift 2010, which is in excellent condition. Easily delivers ~13+ kmpl. I love the car and it is heart breaking that I would have to part ways due to draconian law we have here.
And to find my next, I explored various cars over the past three weeks, however did not find anything that I would fall in love with instantly.
So now I probably need an arranged match 😉. Given your extensive expertise in the automotive industry, there is no better match maker than you! Need your help!
To provide you with a clearer picture of my needs and preferences, here are some key inputs:
1. Budget: My budget for this purchase is 12.5 lac on road.
2. Purpose: The car will primarily be used for city driving /daily commuting, occasional long road trips. Annual running ~ 8500 KM.
3. Preferences: ease of driving- I would love automatic. ease of ownership and maintenance- hassle free running. Not too impressed with gimmickry- Sunroof, other cosmetic jazz- can do without these if needed.
4. Pressure from family: that car should be SUV or compact SUV😅.
5. Personal wish: to get the best value for my current car- Swift LXI 2010 💙, DL registration.
6. Known Bias: Because of my wonderful experience with Swift, a bias towards MS.
7. Height of the driver and those who would sit in the rear around 6’0 - 6’1”.
Given these details, I would greatly appreciate your guidance on:
- Recommended car models that align with the aforementioned inputs.
- Any additional advice or considerations I should be aware of during this process.
I am looking forward to your expert guidance in making this important decision.
Hi. Sure appreciate sharing in detailed info and allocating task to us to find a perfect match for your need
As you seek an Automatic car with preference of Reliability, Peace of Mind Ownership, Height Details and considering budget factor - 2 perfect choices for need
a. Maruti Brezza Vxi Automatic :- a clean upgrade over Swift with
> Decent Headroom space
> 1.5 Litre Naturally aspirated engine has enough low end for smooth drive in city use
> This Automatic TRansmission is paired with Smart Hybrid Petrol engine - means better fuel efficiency as against many Auto cars in segment and despite automatic can expect 13 kmpl in city use - as what you getting in Swift
> Near all essential convenience features - you just need to add camera as part of MGA - whose display will be shown in infotainment - cost rs 7000 approx and can be installed at Maruti Dealership. Will love features in this middle trim over Swift Lxi base model
> Suspension towards comfort side and despite of SUV factor - you will find ease as driving a car
Also is more safer with ESP, ABS EBD and Dual Airbags along with better safety structure and proven as 4 star car
What wont like
> Space - somehow in compact SUV Cars (leaving aside XUV300) - space front is slight restricted
> High Speed Handling dynamics are average
> Rear Seat feels slight upright
b. If flexible to slight increase in budget by a Lakh approx opt for Hyundai Venue S Option DCT Automatic
> Hyundai now is at par with Maruti SUzuki in terms of reliability and offering even option of upto 7 yrs warranty on car
> You will feel slight more premium in Venue in terms of overall styling, fit and finish, interiors
> Turbo Petrol Engine with DCT feels more quicker with fun in mid range
> Steering feedback is better at higher speed, expect better driving dynamics at higher speed
> Now with 6 Airbags safety - Hyundai changed the game with fully loaded active and passive safety features in there car range
> Even Scheduled service cost can end up to be marginally lower as against Maruti Brezza due to 2nd year too been labor free
> In facelift edition as launched last year - rear seat legroom which was challenging is addressed by scooping driver and co-passenger seat, bringing better legroom space
> Rear Seat recline angle is better
What wont like
> headroom space can marginally be limited as against Brezza
> DCT has slight lag at lower rpm, especially the way DCT tuned where at 2000 rpm car auto shift gear - not as fun at lower speed
These 2 are best recommended pick
Why not some other cars?
a. Fronx - headroom is challenge for taller members
b. Nexon - DCA will be out of budget, feels compact in space
c. XUV300 - is AMT and petrol AMT is jerky
d. Sonet - Now most compact car in segment, wait for facelift if wish for early 24
e. Grand Vitara - will exceed budget by almost 3 Lakh but worthy if love high speed ride and handling dynamics, Interior space is almost like Brezza.
f. Kushaq / Seltos / Brezza / Taigun - Out of budget
So have test drive of Brezza & Venue and experience.
Hope should help !!
1. Yes there are no discount offers on Brezza as of now.
However if you have Maruti Loyalty Card known as AutoCard or member of Maruti Loyalty program can get 3000 points which can be redeemed against service / accessories
2. Although no consumer offers but definitely there is a better way to communicate to customer and looks like that given Sales consultant is a con who instead of meeting in customer need of Automatic - making him shift to manual car
3. We suggest to visit in alternate Maruti Suzuki Dealership and do ask for senior team member at first instance and also do experience in Hyundai as chances are that experience can be better at Hyundai.