Ask a Question

MyCarHelpline Forum for Premium Support !!

Get Professional Support from Experts. Ask your Question Now !!
  Wednesday, 15 March 2023
  1 Replies
  76 Visits
Hi Sir,

I have a query. I am planning to buy a Mahindra XUV 300 W8 (O) TGDi in pearl white color. I have already booked the vehicle however the dealer is saying there is a waiting period of six weeks which may extend also. Now, the dealer has a Dec 2022 model of the same car and same color and he was asking me if I want I can get that model. I asked for a discount and he told me that he will offer me a discount of 40000. The 2023 model is for 1482000 while the Dec 2022 is for 1442000. My existing car is maruti swift, which i intend to exchange or sell before buying the new car. Swift's insurance is due for a renewal in the next one month which will again cost me 12k and I want to sell it off before that.

Should I go ahead and buy this Dec 2022 model? If yes, what should I take care of while buying the Dec 2022 model?
1 week ago
·
#40798
Dear Saurabh ji,

40K is too less a discount to consider going for 2022 BS6 Phase 1 car at present now as against the deal you having
Pls note that Mahindra also introduced BS6 Phase 2 lot which would be available for sale from April 2022. Importance of BS6 Phase 2 lies in fact about
> Engine NVH Levels would be even more superior (as what seen in range of BS6 ph2 cars upgrade as launched in form of Maruti Brezza, Tata, Renault Cars)
> Upgraded Catalytic and also upgraded with OBD2 diagnostic device

But end result is overall an upgraded car matching to latest emissions, and price hike is just marginal at Rs 15K making it even more compelling proposition.

There is a fact too that although car ARAI Mileage wont change, but basis feedback with OEM - real world mileage will certainly be better as against BS6 Phase 1 car

Secondly - 40K is too low a discount and that too for 2022 Make car.
Pls note that Mahindra dealers were offering in near Rs 50K discounts on across table negotiation in year end itself.
With fact that year change happened, and from April only BS6 Phase 2 cars will be what manufactured in - they will definitely be looking to sell this 2022 stock.

My Point: If due to any reason you feel like going ahead for 2022 BS6 Phase 1 car - nothing less than 70K should be acceptable (even thats minimum figure)

Else wait for few more months and by the time offers are introduced in BS6 Phase 2 lot - can consider same in accordingly

My existing car is maruti swift, which i intend to exchange or sell before buying the new car. Swift's insurance is due for a renewal in the next one month which will again cost me 12k and I want to sell it off before that.

If in hurry then Pls negotiate on XUV300 2022 prices as there is definitely a scope,
else if due to any reason Swift remain unsold - do note that for mere sake of 12K for insurance and some time decay - your further ownership experience can be better with BS6 Phase 2 car with even superior NVH and slight better real world fuel efficiency.

So - final suggestion would be to wait and get in latest emission compliant BS6 Phase 2 car in next few months as and when offers are roll out (XUV300 W8 Option been selling with discounts for last 2 yrs), else if you have immediate requirement to dispose swift and buy in new car then negotiatie for higher discounts pls.

Hope should help !!
  • Page :
  • 1
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below.
Supported: gif,jpg,png
· Insert · Remove
  Upload Files (Maximum 1MB)
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.