Trust you are well!!
I'm from Chennai, TN.
I have booked Honda City VMT, and the delivery is due in few day. And I just noticed that the Registration cost is 1,02,790 but it's written as "Temp Registration". I was under the impression that once i get car from the dealer I don't need to do any compliance/registration work by myself. Seems that's not the case and I might need to visit the registrar office etc. (This is my first car buying experience and might sound like a dumb question). My question is:
1. Do all dealers give with Temp registration? or permanent registration via dealer can be done?
2. Is the price quoted for Temp registration is reasonable?
3. How much do I have to spend in addition for permanent registration?
Attaching the quote for quick reference. Thank you.
Hi, Greetings !!
Congrats for booking City. In terms of registration
1. Temporary registration is what valid for 30 days and then permanent registration is done
Depending on city, state and dealer showroom too where in some cities basis volume of dealers - RTO even offers self registration facility to dealer showroom to register a car and pay tax online. While where the facility is not available then dealer showroom register car on temporary basis for delivery of car and then apply for permanent registration within a week or so to get same
2. I can confirm you that given quote as shared by dealer showroom is not for temporary registration, but rather permanent registration including applicable road tax, road safety cess and registration fee
3. You do not need to pay anything extra over and above, except Rs 600 against Permanent registration fees if asked for at max
4. Last RSA for Rs 1842 is for 1 yr. Car barely need RSA in 1st year.
If you want RSA then rather opt for 5 yr which cost Rs 6314 - means an average cost of Rs 1260 per year