MyCarHelpline Forum for Premium Support !!

Get Professional Support from Experts. Ask your Question Now !!

  1. Kumar Jai
  2. Tyres & Alloy Wheels
  3. Thursday, December 02 2021
Sir
I have Innova crysta zx 2020 bs6 model it comes with 17 inches tyres 215/55/17 , the side wall is less because of which I had issues with two tyres
can you please help
which tyres size to use can I use 215/60/17 will it be ok or will I have issues with censors and odometer please

I do lot of off-roading
or should I go with 16 inches tires if yes what size then i also have to buy new alloys
thanks in advance
Admin Accepted Answer
0
Votes
Undo
Dear Kumar,

Its not recommended to downsize with 16 Inch - not only will increase cost but also not recommended to downsize tyre
Also, R17 215/60 wont do good over stock Tyres as R17 215/55, reason
> Tyre circumference changes much higher from 82.32 Inch to 85.36 Inch - which is like more than 11%
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/images/easyblog_articles/1218/b2ap3_thumbnail_proposedtyre.jpg

This Will create wobbling at higher speed
A Correct upsize would rather be R17 225/55 over stock tyres
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/images/easyblog_articles/1218/b2ap3_thumbnail_Tyreupsize-new.jpg

With this your car tyre will gain on
> Increase sidewall & increased width in tandem
> Also Tyre Circumference remains under 2% which is what ideal

If you seek to do off road - then All Terrain Tyres but am sceptical of availability of all terrain tyre in that size
Suggest to explore for options in Yokohoma or Goodyear Tyre known for relative tougher rubber compound

Hope should help !!


  1. more than a month ago
  2. Tyres & Alloy Wheels
  3. # 1
Kranthi kumar Accepted Answer
0
Votes
Undo
Thanks for your detail update about tires
1.Can I go with 225/60/17 also because it give more side wall and width
Or only option is 225/55/17 what you say is final I am not technically sound
2.If i go as per your suggestion I won't get any sensor or odometer problems and allignment issues right
3.Finally can i go with Michelin because it my favourite I used in Scorpio it had given me confront ride
Thanks


  1. more than a month ago
  2. Tyres & Alloy Wheels
  3. # 2
Gagan Modi Accepted Answer
0
Votes
Undo
Dear Kumar,

Hi, Hope doing great
Pls find inputs

1.Can I go with 225/60/17 also because it give more side wall and width


Pls check
https://www.mycarhelpline.com/images/easyblog_articles/1218/b2ap3_thumbnail_proposedtyre.jpg

As Circumference is changing more than 3% - it may lead to
> Wobbling
> Mileage drop
> Stiffened Steering further

Not recommended
Maximum Permissible deviation is 2% and if at all upsize futrther still anything beyond 3% is like going too much overboard

2.If i go as per your suggestion I won't get any sensor or odometer problems and allignment issues right

If you choose in Upsize of R17 225/55 been tyre circumference changing then yes
> when your car odo will show speed of 98 - in actual will be driving at speed of 100 Kmph
> Alignment and Balacing will be required for better calibration

3.Finally can i go with Michelin because it my favourite I used in Scorpio it had given me confront ride

Yes Michelin Offers comfort ride - but as you have to experience for off road
cant vouch if Michelin Primacy 4 will be suitable (unfortunately Michelin Primacy 4 ST which is better suited for off road conditions is not available in given size)

Hope should help !!


  1. more than a month ago
  2. Tyres & Alloy Wheels
  3. # 3
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Guest
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 1 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
Captcha
Verify