Car Forum - Ask & Answer Questions

Welcome to Forum !!

  1. Bhaskar Abhishek
  2. Finance, Insurance
  3. Thursday, May 14 2020
A part of tree fell on my car damaging left side of the car. The car is 7-8 months old with zero depreciation insurance. Do we need to register an FIR as call centres of insurance companies are working at half of the capacity and I have not been able to inform my insurer.
Admin Accepted Answer

Although this is a slight delayed reply and you might have already given car to workshop
But if not then do note that No FIR needs to be done. You just need to lodge a claim to Insurance company at time of handing over car to workshop and let them know
> Place where car parked
> Date of Incident (ideally less than 15 days of date of incident)
> Your Policy details

so that a surveyor can be assigned and can proceed for inspection and claim settlement
Hope it help !!

  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 1 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.