Car Forum - Ask & Answer Questions

Welcome to Forum !!

  1. Anoop Alappat
  2. RTO Registration & Tax
  3. Monday, July 29 2019
Hello, i have a car registered in Kerala; for a period of time (1 - 2 years) i would like to drive the car in Delhi. What is the tax applicable. Do i have to change my car registration number or can i drive the car with Kerala registration number in Delhi. Should i pay additional road tax in Delhi
Admin Accepted Answer

As per section 47 of Motor vehicle act if a car registered in other state is bought in for period of more than 12 months then only
> Re-registration is required
> Applicable road tax to be paid

If you are sure of stay going to be more than a year then
> apply for NOC (if its a BS-IV Compliant vehicle as older BS3 vehicles are not getting re registered here)
> Get vehicle re-registered in Delhi by paying applicable tax fees

However, if going to be less than 12 months then no need for NOC, only need to
> Have Pollution Check done from local Fuel Station (just before leaving from Kerala) and keep it in car all the times
> Collect all Original Toll if to be driven self or Final GST Paid bill of Transporter (if transported)
to prove date of entry in Delhi

Hope should help !!

  1. more than a month ago
  2. RTO Registration & Tax
  3. # 1
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 1 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.