Car Forum - Ask & Answer Questions

Welcome to Forum !!

  1. Vishal
  2. RTO Registration & Tax
  3. Saturday, June 29 2019
I had bought a used car from a friend against cash payment about 4 years back.I did not collect any documents from him. We both had a business fight and not in talking terms. Now I want to sell the car and do not have any documents and the seller does not want to help me.
Kindly suggest a way to get the documents and sell the car at the earliest.

"This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it."
Admin Accepted Answer

Wondering how you driving the car for last 4 years without having RC in possession

If the
> Entire transaction was settled in cash without any proof
> No Legal agreement done and no documents were in submitted to RTO
> Documents are in name of first owner name and he is in possession of original RC

then actually the first owner remains as owner of the vehicle and in actual can even lodge case in Police of illegal possession of car in your custody.

No way to sell car without RC and without ownership in your name, you may have to initiate a dialogue with your past friend to get signed RTO Transfer forms and provide original RC.

  1. more than a month ago
  2. RTO Registration & Tax
  3. # 1
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 1 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.