Car Forum - Ask & Answer Questions Online

Welcome to Automotive Forum !!

  1. Deepanshu Khurana
  2. RTO Registration & Tax
  3. Friday, May 17 2019
I want to buy car in Mumbai. Can I drive in Delhi in Mumbai number or can I change the number in Delhi number or its ban my government to register other state car in Indian
Admin Accepted Answer

As per Section 47 of Motor Vehicle Act - a car if registered in other state and driven in other state for more than 12 months then
> Re-registration is required
> Applicable road tax needs to be paid again

So although its possible but you need to keep proof with you in form of
> PUC from Maharashtra
> Inter-State Toll receipts or GST Paid Transport Bill

so as to ascertain date when the car the bought in
Thus net all - you can drive the car for upto 12 months post which road tax needs to be paid again.

  1. more than a month ago
  2. RTO Registration & Tax
  3. # 1
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 1 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.