MyCarHelpline Forum for Premium Support !!

Get Professional Support from Experts. Ask your Question Now !!

  1. Deepa
  2. Second Hand Cars
  3. Friday, May 12 2017
I have bought a private Chev Spark car 2009 (Petrol + CNG). I am a non-resident of Delhi - basically from South. I have bene working here for past 4 yrs now. So I want to transfer the car on my name. But I Don't have a permanent Delhi address proof as I stay in rented house in Delhi.

I have rent agreement on mine and my room-mates name (both). The car insurance I renewed on my previous owner's name.

How do i get the RC transferred to my name without an permanent residential proof. What are the other type of documents may help me to get this done. RTO: DL 9C T XXXX

Pls advice asap.
Admin Accepted Answer

Rent agreement is not considered an address proof for vehicle registration purpose

For any one who stays on rented place can submit in below documents for car registration
> Election Card
> UID Aadhaar Card
> Passport
> Nationalized Bank A/c Statement with 6 month Banking
> Landline Telephone Bill from Government Owned BSNL / MTNL etc
> Address Proof Confirmation from Employer - if Employer is PSU / Government Undertaking / State Government Organization

In case you have no other document other than Rent agreement - will suggest to get Address changed in
> UID Aadhaar Card
> Passport

If Aadhaar Card not issued, refer Aadhaar Card Process

This is a simple process, where you can visit in UIDAI Website and
> Submit Copy of registered rent agreement (if your rent agreement is not registered then get it registered)
> Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
> Bank Statement/ Passbook of any Private or Nationalized Bank

and get in the Aadhaar Card updated with your local address

or may apply for address change in Passport (if passport issued) or apply for new passport under Tatkaal Scheme. Know Passport Process

Hope should help !!

  1. more than a month ago
  2. Second Hand Cars
  3. # 1
I want to buy an old bike registered in Delhi but I live in Noida on rent. Is there a way to transfer RC to my name.

  1. more than a month ago
  2. Second Hand Cars
  3. # 2
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 1 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options