Planning to Buy CNG Fitted Car or Install Sequential Kit in Petrol Car. CNG Car Maintenance Cost, Schedule with Safety Measures for Best Power, Performance
One of the biggest drawback of CNG Fitted Car is Lesser Power. CNG definite leads to loss of some power vis a vis Petrol Cars .
But if maintained and serviced well on time - the power loss will not become substantial to take away fun of driving
Its best to choose Sequential rather than Conventional (Closed Loop, Open Loop) for best output and performance of vehicle. Sequential CNG Kit if retor fit costs around Rs. 40,000 and can easily be fitted in any Petrol Car. The Price of Factory Fitted CNG Kits or Hyundai Certified CEV Sequential Kits although is priced higher and cost almost Rs 60000 over and above the price of there counter-part Petrol Car Model
Break Even : If you drive 1000 Kms a month (35 Kms daily) - the initial cost will be recovered within 3 yrs at best - thanks to better mileage also been a cleaner fuel (AutoGas) than Petrol.
Below are estimated additional checks which can help maintain a CNG Car
» Keep Fuel Mode in Auto - In this Mode Engine starts in Petrol and automatically changes to CNG after reaching warming up condition.It enhances the Engine Life. Generally - after initial 1.5 Km - 2 Km - it automatically switches to CNG Mode.
Its always advisable to run your car on Petrol for initial 2 Kms atleast when car is driven after a long halt
» Park Under Shades - If you Stay in Hot Climate like North India - its better to park car under shades - been CNG has faster evaporation due to gasoline nature than Liquid Fuel like Petrol or Diesel. Parking Car under Shades can prevent evaporation of gas due to heat
» CNG Compliance Plate Renewal :- Get Compliance Plate renewed every 3 yrs. It basically involves inspection of CNG Cylinder for leakage, fitment and is a legal requirement.
Apart from regular servicing of Car with Change of Oils & Filters, Periodic Inspection - its important to have CNG Car Serviced as per recommended service schedule and have below items replaced or cleaned on regular basis.
1. Air Filter Cleaning & Replacement - Its advisable to clean Air Filter cleaned every 6 month and get Air Filter replaced every 12 month. Though in Petrol cars - replacement seeked at 20,000 Kms but been low cost - its advisable to replace every 10,000 Kms in CNG Car (Rs. 350)
2. Throttle Body Cleaning - Basically, Throttle body is a valve which connect between air filter and Intake. Highly recommended to get Throttle Body Cleaned once every 10000 Kms if you driving on CNG
3. Spark Plug Cleaning & Replacement - Spark Plug needs to be cleaned periodically. Though - its recommended to be replaced at 40,000 Kms - but cleaning every 12 months and preponing the replacement at 20,000 Kms in CNG Car are best suited for car performance and pickup
4. CNG Reducer Filter Cartridge - To be replaced every 20,000 Kms (Rs. 1600). Its of utmost importance to replace CNG Filter for continuing life of Engine and Pickup in the car.The Cartridge if remain unchanged can lead to substantial loss of Power in Car
Check Prices with Complete Features
5. CNG Low Pressure Filter Cartridge - To be replaced every 40,000 Kms (Rs. 1500). Its also important to change low pressure cartridge filter in CNG Car.
One additional cost is also due to higher Insurance Premium - generally is Rs. 2500 - 3000 (1st Year) and Rs. 2200 - 2500 (2nd & 3rd Year) on a car with Sequential Fitted CNG Kit
6. Additional Maintenance: Do not miss on CNG Leak test in every Service, Additionally - if the car RPM goes high - can also go in for Tapet Adjustment.
7. Loss of Power: As what known as Booster in Conventional Kit, if your Sequential CNG Kit is delivering low power pickup despite replacing Air Filter, Spark Plug and cleaning Throttle Body. You can go in for CKP which is like Timing Advancer to address in Engine Power Loss and improve acceleration of Car.
Factory Fitted CNG Kit Cars are :- Maruti Alto 800 CNG, Wagon R CNG, Celerio CNG, Ertiga CNG. Hyundai Xcent CNG in Tourist Version.
Company Recommended CNG Kits :- Hyundai Grand i10 CNG, Xcent
Rest - all other cars have dealer fitted CNG Kit
Once Maintenance and Basic Checks are correctly carried out - you will by sure enjoy higher fuel savings without any major gap in power loss
which one is better Maruti scng or Hyundai cng
someone told me that Hyundai nios cng is not true cng like maruti cng .........its fitting is done by a company in delhi people had to face similar issues like aftermarket cng kits owners have
plz answer it
I useing last three years tata Nano CNG company fitted Car . Issues started car running CNG automatically converter to petrol .
Can you suggest your opinion any service center who can help in this.
I stay in Pune , Chikhali.
SiR , My monthly Running is 4000 k.m. per month , Kindly suggest us best Cng car . Is Maruti Suzuki Eecho is Good Option ? please Guide us
I Have a tata Nano CNG company fitted Car there is no Tata service center who is ready to help in CNG Low Pressure Filter Cartridge & CNG Reducer Filter Cartridge.
Can you suggest any service center who can help in this
I stay in Mumbai, Mulund.
if some one can assist
I bought the Ford Fiesta (2009 model) which is run for 1 lakh kms. Is it recommended to install CNG kit now?
My monthly running is about 1000 km. Please suggest whether i may opt for CNG variant as i have to planned to book celerio vxi optional.
Not Require for such short distance
I bought a chevrolet spark with CNG on papers.....but in CNG its average is only 16-18 kms (With AC)
Is it fine or there is some issues in CNG ?
I have ertiga. I have converted it in to cng. Have fitted sequential kit does it require to change low pressure filter cartridge??
I have alto 2010 model run 65000 km want to install CNG, what about tomaseto sequential kit
Having new wagon r vxi planning to buy redigo and install cng. Travelling 150km daily
I have santro 2004 model with 2,00,000 km run on CNG