Decode New Car VIN Chassis Number to find Car Manufacturing Date as 2023 or 2022 of Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, VW, Renault, Nissan, Skoda, Toyota, Tata, Mahindra and Other Car Companies
Find Car Manufacturing Date (Month, Year) through VIN Chassis Number - 2023 Manufactured Cars
Are you looking to Buy a 2023 Manufactured Car and confused that dealer may bill you 2022 Car ?
Wondering - whether the dealer will sell you 2023 make or 2022 Make car. Well every Car Model gets a Unique VIN (Vehicle Identification Number aka as Chassis Number) which is what required to be obtained from Dealer to Find Manufacturing Details of Car
So - first and foremost step is to ask your Dealer Sales Consultant to provide you VIN Number (also known as Chassis Number of Car). Essentially a 17 Digit Number which can provide host of details about Car.
A Sample VIN Number is : MA3NFG81SNA103948 of Maruti Suzuki Car where
Here's an Easy way to find and decode manufacturing year of Car through VIN Chassis Number.
Alphabetical Meaning: For Instance 10th Letter of Chassis Number Denotes Year of Manufacturing for Hyundai / Honda / Renault etc. If its P - it depicts 2023 Manufactured Car and if N will represent 2022.
|Series Alphabet||Manufacturing Year||Series||Manufacturing Month|
|N||2022||A or 1||January|
|M||2021||B or 2||February|
|L||2020||C or 3||March|
|K||2019||D or 4||April|
|J||2018||E or 5||May|
|H||2017||F or 6||June|
|G||2016||G or 7||July|
|F||2015||H or 8||August|
|E||2014||J or 9 (I is skipped and not mentioned by Auto Makers)||September|
|D||2013||K (except Renault, Nissan)||October|
|C||2012||L (except Renault, Nissan)||November|
|B||2011||M (except Renault, Nissan, Tata)||December|
Important For Renault, Nissan Car Buyers - They Follow Numeric Series for Month. However - for October to December - October is denoted by A, November by B, December by C.
Important for Tata Motor New Gen Car Owners - They have different Series for Month, explained underneath in the post
» 10th Digit of VIN: Look for 10th Digit of VIN Chassis Number for Below referred Car Manufacturers only. It would be either P or N (if trying to decode in 2023 Manufacturing Car (P) or 2022 Manufacturing Car (N)
» Jeep Compass: Look for 20th Digit of VIN Chassis Number for Jeep Compass, Wrangler - You should look at 20th Digit (MCAPQDBY0HFA90134*1P) which is the last digit. Here P represent Manufacturing Year means 2023 Make, had it been N it would have meant 2022 make
» Volkswagen : Look for 5th and 6th Digit of VIN Chassis Number in conjunction for Volkswagen - Polo, Vento, Taigun, Virtus, Troc, Tiguan. If its 22 means 2022 manufactured car, if its 23 means 2023 manufactured car. For example in VIN - MEXB22CW2NT013567 - its a 2022 Manufactured car
» Audi : Look for 6th Digit of VIN Chassis Number for Audi Q3, Q5, Q7, A3, A4, A6, A8 and other cars. If its P its a 2023 Manufactured car, if its N its 2022 Manufactured car
» MG Motor : Well, MG Hector is what manufactured and sold in India. The Car VIN Chassis number starts with MZ7 Series and a sample VIN is MZ7AD1DDF5H009310. Look for 10th Digit of VIN Chassis Number for MG Astor, Hector, Hector Plus and Zs Ev. If its 6 - irs 2023 Manufactured Car, if 5 - its 2022 Manufactured Car and if its 4 then its 2021 Manufactured Car.
» Maruti Suzuki Cars VIN Decode (Alto, Omni, Eeco, S Presso, Wagon R, Celerio, Swift, Dzire, Baleno, Ertiga, XL6, Brezza, S Cross): There can be 2 Ways in which can find Manufacturing Year.
Here's Picture for Finding Chassis Number for Maruti Suzuki Cars
» Ford Cars VIN Decode: In Ford: Figo, Aspire, Freestyle, Ecosport, Endeavour 11th Letter will denote year of Manufacture.
» Toyota Cars VIN Decode: Etios, Glanza, Altis, Urban Cruiser Hyryder, Innova, Innova Hycross, Fortuner: its a 21 Digit VIN a combination of 20th n 21st Letter (in Numeric Terms) makes up for the manufacturing year. Like 11 for 2011, 12 for 2012 and 13 for 2013, 14 for 2014 and same way 18 for 2018, 19 for 2019 and 20 for 2020, 23 for 2023 Make
» General Motors (Chevrolet India): the 9th letter denotes the Year of Make - Spark, Beat, Sail Hatch, Sail Sedan, Enjoy, Tavera
How to find VIN Number location in Car
It ranges from Manufacturer to Manufacturer. Maruti Suzuki VIN can be identified can be next to panel ahead of battery as specified in Picture - 1 above or for Hyundai Cars - its under driver seat or top of dash or driver side center pillar as specified in Picture below
For Honda - its visible just by opening Boot at the hinges. You may ask in Sales Consultant at dealership to show in VIN location of car
To find out Manufacturing Month of Car - Whether December or January
1. Maruti Suzuki Cars: If 10th and 11th Digit are 00 or 11 then you have to follow this - 20th Letter Denotes Month (For instance if its A it means January make, if its M it means December make)
2. Maruti Suzuki Nexa Series of Ignis, Baleno, S Cross, Ciaz or New Dzire, Brezza (If 10th & 11 Digit are neither 00 and nor 11) - 11th Letter Denotes Month (For instance if its A it means January make, if its D it means April make). If 10th and 11th Characters are Zero or 11, then check Engine bay for VIN Digits after 17th Digit x sign and Second Last Digit indicates Month in which Car is Manufactured.
3. Hyundai - There is no direct way to decode Manufacturing Month of Hyundai Car from VIN Number. The VIN needs to be punched in Hyundai System to find Manufacturing details.
4. Nissan Motors - 11th Letter Denotes Month
5. Renault India - 11th Letter Denotes Month
6. Tata Motors - 12th Letter (Except I,L,M,O - the series goes on as A - Jan, B - Feb, C - March, D for April, E for May, F for June, G for July, H for August, J for September, K for October, N for November, P for December)
7. Honda - 9th Letter
8. General Motors (Chevrolet India) - 7th Letter
9. Volkswagen - 4th Letter
10. Skoda - 6th Letter
11 Kia Motor - There is no direct way to decode Manufacturing Month of Kia Cars as of now. The VIN needs to be punched in Kia System to find Manufacturing details.
12. Mahindra & Mahindra, Isuzu - 12th Letter
13. Toyota Kirloskar - Combination of 18th n 19th Letter. For eg 10 denotes October and 03 denotes March
14. MG Motor - 9th Letter of VIN indicates month of Manufacturing of MG Hector, Hector Plus and Zs EV
15. Jeep Compass, Wrangler - You should look at 19th Digit (MCAPQDBY0HFA90134*1K) which is the Second last digit. Here 1 (Second Last digit in Numeric) represent Manufacturing Month means January Make. For October, November, December it turns out as A,B,C or K, L, M
16. Ford - 12th Letter. Month Series can be checked using below sheet for Cars Manufactured from 2012 and Onwards
|2012, 2016, 2020||2013, 2017, 2021||2014, 2018, 2022||2015, 2019, 2023|
For example to find if Ford Car is January 2019 Manufactured, the 11th Letter of VIN Chasis should be 'K' and 12th Letter should be 'C' indicating Jan 2019 Manufactured Car
How to find Car Manufacturing Month :- Here 1 or A denotes Jan, 2 or B denotes Feb, 3 or C denotes March, 4 or D denotes April
Note: Some Car Dealers will either give you 17 Digit or short Chassis Number. Its best to look at complete VIN Chassis number by checking physically in the car - Engine Bay / Under Seats / Window Panels etc - to find complete VIN Chassis number for decoding it as 2014 or 2015 Car.
Mentioning a typical Chassis Number of a Maruti Suzuki Baleno car as - MBHEWB12SPA177970
This is a 17 digit number, Lets decode the chassis number to find the manufacturing month and year of car :-
> 10th Digit is P - A for 2010, B for 2011, C for 2012, D for 2013, E for 2014, F for 2015, G for 2016, H for 2017, J for 2018, K for 2019. L for 2020, M for 2021, N for 2022, P for 2023. So its a 2023 Make Year
> 11th Digit is A - A for Jan, B for Feb, C for March, D for April, E for May
Final Code : This VIN Chassis Number Implies January 2023 Model
I have to buy maruti Suzuki alto 800 Lxi and VIN no.is MA3EUA61S00H47030 Could you tell me the date of manufacturing date of this car?
I have a 2019 Land Rover Discovery HSE diesel, the year code I am ok with its K but the rest I’m not sure of.
My. VIN no is SALRA2ANXKA081489
Cheers in anticipation
Please help me to know my Maruti Suzuki's DZIRE car made with the help of mentioned chassis number: MA3CZFB3SMA76****
Please tell me the car year of manufactured and month.
Thank you in advance.
Sir I am big fan of you
Is this car 2001 February made
MBHCZC63SMB736973. Maruthi Swift
MBHCZC63SMB736973----> 10th digit represents "M" which means 2021 and 11th digit is "B" which represents the month when the car got manufactured.
Mentioned Chassis number is 2021 February made.