Cars with Strongest Body Structure in India. Top 20 Safest Cars in terms of Best Build Quality in 2023 and should be on Radar for those looking for Solid Build and Chassis Frames
Top 20 Cars with Best Build Quality from Safety Aspect in 2023
If you looking for a car which is safe, is important to go with a car which comes with
1. Safety features - Come with ABS, EBD, Not only Dual Front but Side and Curtain Airbags to protect in even of Side Impact along with Good Braking, Wider Tyres for Better Grip on Road
2. Strong Sturdy Build - How well is the car body shell designed in terms of high tensile steel to absorb the impact. Look out for NCAP Rating if available.
3. Driving Behavior - Speed thrills and Kills. However safe the car is with high tensile steel and safety features, Any accident over speed of 100 Kmph can end up been fatal irrespective the Car been World class in Build Quality with 7 Airbags or 9 Airbags.
Important to follow speed limit as Bare Basic Sacrosanct:-
Which Cars Can Protect During Crash
There are 2 Kinds of Safety:-
- Active Safety: Which helps to Prevent Accident. Essentially - ABS, EBD, ESP, Traction Control are generally considered Active Safety Measure to Control Car Movement, Handling and Stability. Also Sensor like Tyre Pressure Monitoring System provide accurate tyre pressure and are essential before taking car on long distance.
- Passive Safety: But in an unlikely event of Accident - Safety Belts (essentially as what Car Owner call Seat Belt), Airbags, Adjustable Head Restraints, Build Quality are important to decide the Fate
But What is Most Important is - Build and Design. Though Having Side Door Beams and Front Crumple Zones Reduces the Energy Impact, but without a Strong Body Structure - all in Vain. '
Despite of Airbags, Sheet Metal Quality is what which can end up making a Car 1 Star or 5 Star in event of a Road Accident
Use of High Strength Steel with More Layers Including Stiffer Structure, Frame Design, equipped with Good Layers of Door Side Beam Protection makes the Car Stronger and thats what is required to done from Car Manufacturer to offer Safety,
However - in a Rat Race of Selling More Cars, Car Manufacturers
- Makes a Trade off to Build Stronger Cars to keep Pricing under Control
- Foresee Impact of Kerb Weight on Car Mileage
- Foresee Impact of Kerb Weight on Car Pickup
and yes passes on Indian Safety Norms which is set at 48 Kmph Frontal Barrier Crash test till 2019.
The same Safety Norms, thankfully is Increased to 48 kmph in Side Impact and 56 kmph in Frontal Impact.
Cars with Strongest Body Structures known for Best Build Quality (Updated in 2023)
Disclaimer: Before Buying a Strong Sturdy Car - do remember Basic that you are buying a Car and Not Tank. High Speed Limit or Over-speeding can end up been Fatal irrespective of how well Build the car is.
While Cars which cost 20 Lakh+ are generally Sold with the same International Level Quality, Safety and 5 Star Build Safety. So - no doubts on Cars like Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner, Skoda Superb, MG Gloster, Zs EV, Skoda Karoq or other cars in segment as they are just the best in Build Quality Perspective.
its the Mass Market one in Hatchback, Compact Sedan, Mid Sedan and Mid Utility Vehicles need to Shortlist for Better Build Quality and Design.
Some of the Recommended Cars with Best Build Quality are referred below
Best Build Hatchback in 2023
If you seek no Compromise on Build Quality in Hatchback and Sedan Segment - should consider these 2 Cars in Hatchback Segment to it
- Tata Altroz : First Hatchback to score in 5 Star Safety Rating with Immaculate Build Quality and Ultra High Intensity Grade Steel as used by Tata Motors shared in Altroz too
- Tata Tiago: 4 Star Rated Car and emerged as safest car for Entry Segment Car Buyers with impressive Build. However - as what referred earlier speed is the mantra - Tiago structure was marked unstable on 64+ kmph speed, so pls ensure to drive on controlled speed
Best Build Sedan in 2023
5 Sedan Cars appears in category of best build cars
- All New Honda City 5th Generation: Defined to be used with Higher Degree of Ultra High Intensity Grade Steel along with Fine tuned changes in Engineering and crumple zone along with advanced active and passive Safety - New City 5th Gen is at par with the best in Safety Aspect can expect ever.
- Skoda Slavia: 5 Star build quality as what proven for immaculate safety. With ESP as standard safety and impressive handling you just cant go wrong with Skoda Slavia if Safety is your mantra. Top Models features in 6 Airbags
- VW Virtus : Volkswagen Virtus another Mid Sedan Car known for Styling, Performance and 5 Star Safety. Top Notch Build Quality along with Slavia makes Virtus a safe car bet. Biggest highlight remains in 1.5 GT Plus and TopLine Model featuring best in class features and fully loaded active and passive safety features
- Tata Tigor: Seek Safe Compact Sedan - Tata Tigor is 4 Star Rated one and pretty safe as shares same -build as Tiago with speed limit of 64 Kmph as best to be followed
- Honda Amaze: Honda Amaze South African version (similar to one as sold in India) also scored in 4 Star Safety Rating and if considering compact sedan can well consider in Amaze
as the most Sturdiest in terms of Sheet Metal Quality perspective in 2023
Best Build Compact SUV in 2023
MyCarHelpline Rate 5 Compact SUV to be offering Best in Class Build Quality Experience
- Tata Punch : Scored 5 Star in Global NCAP with Very Impressive Safety Score with Well Engineered Crumple zone, Ultra High Intensity Grade Steel Structure
- Mahindra XUV300: Known for High Safety Rating Score with another 5 Star Rated Car. You simply can experience in near segment best build quality with advanced active and passive safety
- Tata Nexon: Proven in Safety with Immaculate Build Quality, Nexon is one among Safest 5 Star Rated Elite Club Car we have in Indian Market. Choose Base Model or Top Model - you get similar Build and ESP as standard
- Maruti Brezza : Sole Car from Maruti to be based on Suzuki Global Platform and relatively been proven with Superior Build and Engineering Design and scored 4 star
- Mahindra Thar: Mahindra Thar proved metlle with 4 Star Safety Rating and care for Adventure Utility Vehicle - Thar is one among Safest Bet we have in Indian Market
as the Sturdiest Compact SUV we have in Indian Market in terms of Sheet Metal Build Quality Perspective
Best Build Mid SUV Cars in 2023
MyCarHelpline Rate these 10 Mid SUV Cars where most of the sibling one are based on same platform
- Tata Harrier and Tata Safari: Care no compromise on Build Quality - Yes its Harrier and Safari which is what offered with Immaculate Build and Dynamics.
- Jeep Compass & Jeep Meridian: Same International Level of Build as what offered by American Car Maker Jeep in Indian Market with Sturdy Build, Unmatched SUV Dynamics
- Mahindra Scorpio N and XUV700: India Safest SUV as awared by Global NCAP with highest 5 Star Rating and Highest Safety Score and yes highest set of Active and Passive Safety Features in both Scorpio N and XUV700 differentiates from rest of crowd
- Skoda Kushaq, VW Taigun: Immaculate Build, Ultra High Intensity Grade Steel and VW Legacy of making Safer Cars and are what 5 Star Rated Cars as per Global NCAP Crash test rating with top of line models equipped with 6 Airbags too
- MG Astor / Zs EV: Its Zs EV which scored 5 Star in Euro NCAP Rating. Expect Astor to be pretty safer in Build too.
as the Sturdiest Mid SUV Cars we have in Indian Market in terms of Sheet Metal Build Quality Perspective
Best Build MPV Cars in 2023
- Mahindra Marazzo
- Toyota Innova Crysta
as the best in MPV Segment.
If you want a car with Highest Safety Features of 6 Airbags - pl refer this post on - Cars with 6 Airbags in India
Basis of Classification
» Basis International Testing and Certification of Certain Models
» Fact that No Alteration is Done to Body Structure and Design to Models Exported to Other Countries
» Basis Writer Own Under-Standing of Automotive Industry and Model Designs Checked - Build, Weight (Related to Decade Over Experience in Automotive Sector)
Note: You may experience some Big Names Missing. This Classification is done basis Strong Body Structure and Build Quality and Design as Experienced and is Unbiased
Now when the time is that CNG and petrol prices are equal, I am thinking for which vehicle should I go for new one, but at the same time I am looking the spacious and comfort hatchback affordable CAR ?
I am also curious to know whether I can go for metal body Hatchback, if it is so which the best option for best milage and metal body makes in India
Hi, I m booked Sonet GTX turbo and now after reading several reviews on build quality, am I making a right decision?
though cars build and construction plays an important role, we cannot undermine the fact that out of the road accident deaths that have happened 70% have happened due to breach of speed limits, another 5 % due to wrong side driving traffic rules.
Driving style is a major reasons and the power increase in cars has not quite gone well with us Indians....whenever we get power, we abuse it.
Is Ford ecosport built quality is better than creta and seltos ??
Yes, Creta and Seltos doesn't offer same build quality in India as in Europe, these cars use less UHSS (ultra high strength steel) which makes it vulnerable in side and rear impact.
yours is the most relevant auto website with all the sections new car,reviews, discount offers,forum q&A, blog really very useful. I am daily viewing ur website
should i buy ecosport trend petrol or hyundai venue 1.2 petrol s+??
Hi Greetings I am Abhishek. I want to purchase a best PETROL AUTOMATIC car under 15 lac with down payment of 5 lac. So that the EMI should not exceed more than 16k per month for 5 years. Ultimately I will get safest, feature loaded and best in class car with reasonable maintenance. I have short listed New Honda City V CVT, Nexon XZA Plus, Skoda Rapid, Honda Jazz. Please guide me on the same... Thank you in advance
Which car is more safe?
Duster with 2 airbags versus creta with 2 airbags?
Duster with 2 airbags versus creta with 6 airbags?
Can somebody tell what is the difference between a Station Wagon and an MUV. Is Toyota Innova Crysta a MUV.
Which are safety car in India?
Is Toyota Fortuner stronger than Ford Endeavour?
Im wondering why u haven’t mentioned Isuzu mux
Is it not safe?
Hi, I will never suggest Baleno to anyone. If you talk about body structure and safety. I was driving my car at 2nd gear and it just touched Mahindra Scorpio. Scorpio had two scratches only and my Baleno's driver side bumper was totally damaged. So SAY NO TO MARUTI IF YOU WANT A SAFE CAR.
That is right, in old days 2007, my father driving a wagonar crashed into Innova, innova was virtually intact, but waganar got severe damage upto steering wheel.
Before this accident, once it also crashed into hyundai Accent. In this also, accent has only 5 inch scretch on bumper, but wagonar's bumper got crumpled into one side wheel.
Maruti makes very light cars, they may look like others but dont have any strength.
Companies i found good in terms of non compromise with safety are in order: (Upto 15 lac segment)
Alto K10 Build Quality Best Or Not
Not good actually, go for tiago xm. It has best built quality by platform used by tata naxon.
review seems not complete if u dont include Jeep Compass
How about Hyundai Grand i10 2018 upgraded version (sportz variant). It weighs around 900+ kg. How about the safety. I am not able to get the latest NCAP test result for this model. Please provide the details