Date: May 12, 2012
Do you feel that a 15 years old boy is driving the car , Why cant you !!
Do you also feel to shop around by driving car independently without depending on anyone.
1. First and Foremost in Car Driving - A relax mind with a zeal and confidence to drive. Its not at all a tough job, infact when a 15 year old buy, an illiterate and a 70 year Old Aunty can drive a car - is it that you cant drive? Absolutely no !!
2. Know the Car before attempting the initial drive. Know about clutch plate, brake, how to change gear and brakes and clutch plate position to get car slow down
3. Observation. Observe your family members - seating position,steering wheel handling, how smoothly they press brakes, how frequently they change gears.
4. Starting the car is the first step and what more if you start and take the first acceleration smoothly. Our personal recommendation for initial learning. Ensure that Gear is on Neutral - switch on the ignition - press the clutch plate completely - shift from neutral to first gear - slowly leave clutch and slightly press accelerator
Hurray !! the car has started moving. You can slightly increase the speed and shift gear to 2nd gear by again pressing clutch plate and shifting to second gear using left leg and from right leg pressing accelerator slightly
5. Remember, Its not Car Racing Competition. Slow Drive is a Safe Drive. Be Cool and Relax and Follow Lane Driving Approach
6. Before applying brakes or taking side turn - never miss to see rear view mirror or side rear mirror to check distance - there could be some one who may be on speed to overtake
7. Obey Traffic Signals, Rules and keep a distance with a car in your front ahead . Dont frequently change lane and dont make sudden jackup and jackdown speed of car
8. Avoid Attending Mobile Phone Call - It seriously diverts attention. While overtaking - be relax to make a wise judgement to overtake
9. Do not attempt to change gears very frequently. Like in split of seconds some people changes gears numerous times. Try to maintain a speed depending on traffic condition
10. Last comes stopping the car. Slow the car by coming back to either 1st or 2nd gear. Before 40 - 50 meters where you need to park the car,Press clutch plate and slowly use Brake to bring down the acceleration. When you have reached, stop the car, take the key out, pull your leg away from the clutch and brake gently and simultaneously to avoid a jerk.
Like one can not learn swimming by reading a book, one can not also learn driving while reading these tips - But If one follow the basics and Rules and go on the road - within a very short span of time - one can find him/her driving a real pleasure and fun
Connect with Author on:- Google