Decode VIN Chassis Manufacturing Month and Year as 2017 or 2016 of Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Ford, VW, Renault, Nissan, Skoda, Toyota, Chevy, Tata, Mahindra
Find Car Manufacturing Date (Month, Year) through VIN Chassis Number
Are you looking to Buy a 2017 Manufactured Car ?
Wondering - whether the dealer will sell you 2017 make or 2016 Make car. Here's an Easy way to find and decode manufacturing year of Car through VIN Chassis Number
Alphabetical Meaning: For Instance 10th Letter of Chassis Number Denotes Year of Manufacturing for Hyundai / Honda / Renault etc. If its H - it depicts 2017 Manufactured Car and if G will represent 2016.
|Series Alphabet||Manufacturing Year||Series||Manufacturing Month|
|H||2017||A or 1||January|
|G||2016||B or 2||February|
|F||2015||C or 3||March|
|E||2014||D or 4||April|
|D||2013||E or 5||May|
|C||2012||F or 6||June|
|B||2011||G or 7||July|
|A||2010||H or 8||August|
|J or 9 (I is skipped and not mentioned by Auto Makers)||September|
|K (except Renault, Nissan)||October|
|L (except Renault, Nissan)||November|
|M (except Renault, Nissan)||December|
Important For Renault, Nissan Car Buyers - They Follow Numeric Series for Month. However - for October to December - October is denoted by A, November by B, December by C.
Find Manufacturing Year (Decode Details)
Look for 10th Digit of VIN Chassis Number with below Car Makers. It would be either H or G (if trying to decode in 2017 Manufacturing Car or 2016 Manufacturing Car)
1) Hyundai - Eon, i10, Grand i10, Xcent, Elite I20, I20 Active, Fluidic Verna, Creta, Elantra, Santa Fe, Sonata
2) Nissan Motors & Datsun India - Datsun Go, Go Plus, Redi Go, Micra Active, Micra, Sunny, Terrano
3) Tata Motors - Indica Ev2, Tiago, Vista, Bolt, Zest, Safari Storme
4) Honda Cars - Brio, Amaze, Jazz, BRV, Mobilio, City, CRV
5) Volkswagen & Skoda India - Polo, Vento, Ameo, Jetta, Rapid, Octavia
6) Renault India - Kwid, Pulse, Scala, Duster, Fluence
7) Mahindra & Mahindra - Verito, TUV300, Xylo, Scorpio, XUV500, Rexton
8) Maruti Suzuki Nexa Series - Ignis, Baleno, S Cross, Ciaz . If 10th and 11th Characters are Zero or 11, then check Engine bay for last 2 VIN Digits after 17th Digit x sign. Last Digit indicates Year of Make.
Note: Toyota, Ford, Maruti Suzuki Regular Cars and Chevrolet are Exceptions out here.
9) In General Motors (Chevrolet India), the 9th letter denotes the Year of Make - Spark, Beat, Sail Hatch, Sail Sedan, Enjoy, Tavera
10) In Toyota, a combination of 21st n 22nd Letter (in Numeric Terms) makes up for the manufacturing year. Like 11 for 2011, 12 for 2012 and 13 for 2013 and 14 for 2014. Applicable for Etios Liva, Etios, Innova, Altis, Fortuner
11) In Ford, 11th Letter will denote year of Manufacture.
12) For Maruti Suzuki - The Vin / chassis number pattern given by Maruti dealers or shown on RC is uptill 17 digits. For getting the additional last digits - Open the Bonet, look at the extreme end, below wiper under the bonet - There you can see Complete VIN Number of 21 Digits including Special Character $ and last 2 digits
The Pattern - You will find Chasis Number - Prefixed by a $ ...17 digit Chasis Number..... $ Last 2 Digits
The Last Digit in it represents the Manufacturing Year. If its G - 2016, F - its 2015. If D - its 2014
For ex : $MA3EYD32S00700400$AG - So Here Last Digit is G - Which means year of Manufacturing is 2016. A represents month - so Jan 2016 Manufacturing would have in AG as the last characters
Here's Picture for Finding Chassis Number for Maruti Suzuki Cars so as to Decode Manufacturing Year. Applicable on Entire Range - Alto 800, Alto K10, Wagon R, Celerio, Stingray, Ritz, Swift, Baleno, Swift Dzire, Ertiga, Ciaz, S Cross
How to find VIN Number location in Car
It ranges from Manufacturer to Manufacturer. Maruti Suzuki VIN can be identified can be next to panel ahead of battery as specified in Picture - 1 above or for Hyundai Cars - its under driver seat or top of dash or driver side center pillar as specified in Picture below
For Honda - its visible just by opening Boot at the hinges. You may ask in Sales Consultant at dealership to show in VIN location of car
Find Car Manufacturing Month along with Year
To find out Manufacturing Month of Car - Whether December or November
1. Maruti Suzuki Regular Series - 20th Letter Denotes Month (For instance if its A it means January make, if its M it means December make)
2. Maruti Suzuki Nexa Series of Ignis, Baleno, S Cross, Ciaz - 11th Letter Denotes Month (For instance if its A it means January make, if its D it means April make). If 10th and 11th Characters are Zero or 11, then check Engine bay for VIN Digits after 17th Digit x sign and Second Last Digit indicates Month in which Car is Manufactured.
3. Hyundai - 19th Letter Denotes Month
4. Nissan Motors - 11th Letter Denotes Month
5. Renault India - 11th Letter Denotes Month
6. Tata Motors - 12th Letter
7. Honda - 9th Letter
8. General Motors (Chevrolet India) - 7th Letter
9. Volkswagen - 4th Letter
10. Skoda - 6th Letter
11. Mahindra & Mahindra - 12th Letter
12. Toyota Kirloskar - Combination of 19th n 20th Letter. For eg 10 denotes October and 03 denotes March
13. Ford - Month Series is not decoded through VIN. For Decoding Ford Figo, Aspire, Ecosport, Endeavor - exact Date of Manufacturing, refer in this Site - https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do - Check Vehicle Tab - Vehicle Lookup Tab for punching in VIN Number
How to find Car Manufacturing Month :- Here 1 or A denotes Jan, 2 or B denotes Feb, 3 or C denotes March, 4 or D denotes April
Note: Some Car Dealers will either give you 17 Digit or short Chassis Number. Its best to look at complete VIN Chassis number by checking physically in the car - Engine Bay / Under Seats / Window Panels etc - to find complete VIN Chassis number for decoding it as 2014 or 2015 Car.
Sample Decoding to find Manufacturing Month and Year of Car
Mentioning a typical Chassis Number of a VW car as - WVWE12606FT038378
This is a 17 digit number, Lets decode the chassis number to find the manufacturing month and year of car :-
> 10th Digit is F - A for 2010, B for 2011, C for 2012, D for 2013, E for 2014, F for 2015. So its as 2015 Make Year
> 4th Digit is E - A for Jan, B for Feb, C for March, D for April, E for May
Final Code : This Chassis Number Implies May 2015 Model . The other components of chassis number can also tell more about the Model of Volkswagen