CSD Canteen Car Prices Online in India. Review Buying Process of Cars through CSD Canteen for Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Toyota, Ford, Mahindra Cars
All Commissioner Officer, Ex-Servicemen from Defence Personnel - Indian Army / Navy / IAF can buy car irrespective of Ranks through CSD. Even - can also get finance from Private Banks or Nationalized Banks as per sole discretion.
Commissioned Officer having less than 5 yrs of experience need to have sanction from QMG
Widows of Army / Navy / IAF Officers
However - to be noted that due to Budget issue - Directorate General Canteen Services has issued directive in Feb'12 that only select sanction on merit will be provided due to budgetary issue. An Individual need to submit an application to Car Cell, Deputy DTE General Canteen Services, New Delhi with details of car model and requirements for be eligible for special sanction.
If Sanction provided - one can get vehicle availability certificate from dealer along with Canteen Price as Quote and submit it along with DD Amount, ID Card, PAN Card, Sanction Letter, Purchase Form etc.
Pre Sanction Process
A Sanction is given basis Priority List - which is computed through Experience (> 10 yrs, 5 yr - 10 yr, < 5yrs)
- All applicants will fill application forms in duplicate and obtain countersignatures on both copies.
- Contact Dealer - check for Car in Stock - He will prepare for a Proforma for Car Details with Variant including Registration Cost, Insurance Premium etc.
- One copy of the application form duly completed will be forwarded to the Canteen Services Directorate, whereas the duplicate copy will be required to be produced to Canteen Services Depot (CSD) at the time of final preparation of documents for delivery of the car.
- Ink signed copy of sanction letter will be sent only to CSD Head office, Mumbai, for further dissemination to concerned depots.
Simultaneously, a copy of the sanction letter will be uploaded on services intranet for serving personnel and. Sanction concerning all serving and retired - Sanction Letter is valid for 3 months from date of issuance.
Loan / Payments
If you buying Cash Down or through Loan - you only have to pay for Dealer Handling + Registration Charges at dealer end.
If you buying through loan - Bank will make disbursed amount Draft in favor of CSD Office - which you can submit post sanction. Generally, the loan amount is disbursed only when you have got the sanction. Note: Margin Money is deposited with Bank - and Bank will then make consolidated single draft (comprises of loan amount + Margin Money) in favor of CSD.
Tentative Approximate Prices (in Delhi)
Below are the CSD Prices of some of the Popular New Car Models in New Delhi. Benefits of Buying through Canteen is the Lower Sales Tax Duty - which is calculated (estimate in range of 2.5% or 3%) as against regular Sales Tax. This does reduce the price considerably from 25,000 on car like Alto to a Lakh of Rupees on car like Honda City Top End Model. However, Registration and Insurance Cost will be additional
|Alto 800 Lx||2.54 Lakh||Honda City EMT||7.1 Lakh|
|Alto 800 Lxi||2.72 Lakh||Honda City SMT||7.55 Lakh|
|Honda City VMT||8.02 Lakh|
|Alto K10 Lxi||2.94 Lakh|
|Alto K10 Vxi||3.06 Lakh||Mahindra Scorpio SLE||8.99 Lakh|
|Mahindra Scorpio VLX||9.89 Lakh|
|Maruti Wagon R Lxi||3.5 Lakh|
|Wagon R Vxi||3.7 Lakh||Mahindra XUV 500 W6||10.94 Lakh|
|Mahindra XUV 500 W8||12.40 Lakh|
|Swift Lxi||4.15 Lakh|
|Swift Vxi||4.56 Lakh||Chevrolet Beat LS Petrol||3.74 Lakh|
|Swift Zxi||5.34 Lakh||Chevrolet Beat LT Petrol||4.17 Lakh|
|Swift Ldi||5.09 Lakh||Toyota Innova GX Diesel||10.75 Lakh|
|Swift Vdi||5.50 Lakh||Toyota Innova VX Diesel||12.50 Lakh|
|Swift Zdi||6.19 Lakh|
|Ford Figo Exi Petrol||3.78 Lakh|
|Dzire Lxi||4.57 Lakh||Ford Figo Zxi Petrol||4.07 Lakh|
|Dzire Vxi||5.09 Lakh|
|Dzire Zxi||5.89 Lakh||Ford Figo Exi Diesel||4.68 Lakh|
|Ford Figo Zxi Diesel||4.95 Lakh|
|Dzire Ldi||5.61 Lakh|
|Dzire Vdi||6.10 Lakh||Toyota Etios G Petrol||5.5 Lakh|
|Dzire Zdi||6.88 Lakh|
|Hyundai Eon Dlite Plus||2.89 Lakh|
|Ertiga Vxi||6.08 Lakh||Hyundai Eon Era Plus||3.04 Lakh|
|Ertiga Zxi||6.60 Lakh|
|Hyundai Santro GLS||3.54 Lakh|
|Ertiga Ldi||6.74 Lakh|
|Ertiga Vdi||7.32 Lakh||Hyundai I10 Era||3.78 Lakh|
|Ertiga Zdi||7.67 Lakh|
|Hyundai I20 Era||4.49 Lakh|
|Sx4 Vxi||6.51 Lakh||Hyundai I20 Magna||4.71 Lakh|
|Sx4 Zxi||7.22 Lakh|
|Hyundai I20 Era Diesel||5.71 Lakh|
|Sx4 Vdi||7.49 Lakh||Hyundai I20 Magna Diesel||5.88 Lakh|
|Sx4 Zdi||8.30 Lakh|
|Hyundai Verna Sx Crdi||9.37 Lakh|
New Models : Hyundai Grand i10, New Honda City are now available in CSD (Prices: Grand i10 starts at Rs. 3.96 Lakh in CSD, Honda City EMT at Rs. 6.7 Lakh Range)
Maruti Celerio - yet to be available in CSD (however expected to be available latest by June 2014) - as per estimates
Hyundai Xcent - yet to be available in CSD (expected to be available by July - August 2014) - as per estimates
Models Available in CSD
- A Car Manufacturer needs to register car with CSD Canteen for sale. Not all models are available in CSD
- Maximum Engine Capacity restriction is of 2.5 Litre i.e Engine Capacity should not be more than 2500cc
Some Popular SUVs:- Toyota Fortuner is NOT available in CSD - as it comes with 3 Litre D-4D Diesel Engine. Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton is not available in CSD as it has 2.7 Litre Engine Capacity. Luxury Brands like Audi, BMW, Benz, Jaguar, Porsche are not listed in CSD
However - XUV500, Renault Duster are available in CSD. Nissan Terrano, Ford Ecosport - yet to be made available in CSD - at time of last update in February 2014
Check Prices with Complete Features
Check Prices with Complete Features
Update in November - Above prices are old and were collated as base price in March 2013. Prices have increased on 2 different occasion by Manufacturers and even certain facelift models also been introduced - of which prices have increased to an extent. May only treat above as indicative one + 3% to 5% for an approximate price as on date.
- Applicant can go to concerned depot with this down loaded sanction letter and duplicate copy of application
- Fill in the Requisition Form for issuance of Purchase Order at the CSD Depot to submit along with Passport Size Photograph, Demand Draft, Copy of ID Card, Salary Slip, PAN Card along with Indent Form. If its a loan - submit in Bank DD (For Ex-servicemen - Additionally - Pension Statement, Service History with Relieving Letter to be submitted instead of ID Card)
- The Purchase Order is then issued after scrutiny of documents the same day itself - you can take this Purchase Order along with you for taking Delivery
Note - Any Queries or advise related to CSD - pls do not post it in comments, rather ask in our Car Forum . One of our Team Members will help you in giving revert. Appreciate your Patience to read this PostLast modified on
Gagan is CEO of Modi Online Ventures. Completed MBA from one among Top 10 Management Institute, he has worked for 8 yrs in Corporate Sector - Maruti Suzuki, ICICI Bank. Having passion for Automobiles and Entreprenurship - ventured into Business in April 2011. At MyCarHelpline - you can get in thousands of reviews, latest information updates on Automobiles with Personalised assistance through Forum.