Car Forum - Ask & Answer Questions Online

Welcome to Automotive Forum !!

  1. CRK
  2. New Cars, Reviews
  3. Tuesday, January 29 2013
Hi, I am from Andhra Pradesh, buying a second hand car from a friend in Karnataka (car is registered with Karnataka). I will use it in Andhra Pradesh. What formalities should I go by? Please advise.

My friend, the owner of the car is in US now. But I have the original RC and the other documents.

Thank you,
Admin Accepted Answer
Sure :-

a) Been AP n Karnataka are different states, you first need to check euro emission norms prevailing in Andhra
If its BS-IV norms in Andhra, then the old car you looking has buy to be BS-IV compliant else it cant be re-registered in your state

b) You need to get NOC issued from Karnataka. Form 27, Form 28 (3 copies) along with Vehicle RC Copy, Insurance, ID and add proof or original owner to be submitted. The NOC issuance then take anywhere from 1-2 weeks

c) Post NOC Recvd, Form 20 with Form 29,30 need to be filled and submitted. This has to be submitted along with Form 28 which you will receive it from original Karnataka RTO. Your id, address proof along with insurance papers will go in with transfer charges, registration charges as applicable including octroi.

For RTO Transfer forms, may refer to download them
RC Transfer Forms

  1. more than a month ago
  2. New Cars, Reviews
  3. # 1
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Submit Your Response
Upload files or images for this discussion by clicking on the upload button below. Supports gif,jpg,png,zip,rar
• Remove Upload Files (Maximum File Size: 1 MB)
You may insert polls into your post. The poll would then appear in the post.
Vote Options
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.